First Time Incubating. *Pics*

clap.gif

Incubating has become one of my favorite hobbies. I did a ton of research on this forum, bounced that off other sites and my own trial and error. I do recommend it but not without doing your homework!

My first time also :D although I'm not doing 20 or mores eggs I've got three lol...just to try it out

Ignore the one egg I added two more....lol I got lazy and put my turner in

Got it set up in my room I call it my Laboratory

I can't wait to see all these chicks! And then see them again in 6 months when they're big and wondering free range too.

Lacey; that's a good idea, doing just a few at first. When did you put them in?

I got eager and candled my Light Sussex egg, just to see if I could see the dot yet.
roll.png

No dot or veins quite yet. I can see where the yolk is, and I was careful not to keep the egg out for long.

But here is a cool picture of the veins in my hand, lol.

The egg is slightly porous, is that right for Light Sussex eggs? Or an I worrying over nothing?

Hey what temp and humidity % are you running? I dry incubate so I keep about 99.5* and shoot for 30% humidity but its been running 35/40%. I'm not to worried about it...some more of that trail and error. My last hatch went well and it had less consistent temps but humidity was 25/30%.

I'm keeping my humidity at around 50-55%. And Temp at 37.5 C which should be around 99-100 F. I'm constantly worrying about the thermometers so I'm going to get a couple more soon. I think I may be running a bit cool by 0.2 degrees or so, but I don't know for sure.

Does anyone know if the Sebrights might hatch (if they do hatch) earlier since they are so much smaller?

Back
Top Bottom