First Time Incubating.

xSilkieLover13x

Chirping
Jul 20, 2016
PA
At first I thought this was a really good idea to incubate a few eggs......and now that I'm starting to see the chicks developing inside, I'm getting more and more nervous.
Any tips for a newbie? I'm coming up on Days 12-16 for a few eggs and I'm starting to panic about them not hatching.

My advice is, don't panic! As long as you have the eggs at the correct temperature and they're being turned regularly, that's all you can do and have nothing to worry about. It's completely natural to be nervous. There's loads of helpful blogs and websites online to reassure you on any areas you're worried about. Keep me posted! Good luck!

What's to panic about? Did you candle to see if they're viable? Just do your best to provide the environment they need- let it happen!!! :) :jumpy

What's to panic about? Did you candle to see if they're viable? Just do your best to provide the environment they need- let it happen!!!
smile.png
jumpy.gif

My advice is, don't panic! As long as you have the eggs at the correct temperature and they're being turned regularly, that's all you can do and have nothing to worry about. It's completely natural to be nervous. There's loads of helpful blogs and websites online to reassure you on any areas you're worried about. Keep me posted! Good luck!

Hi! I wanted to post these when they hatched, but I didn't have time and then I kinda forgot. But i wanted to thank you guys for answering me back and helping me not to panic, we did end up losing 2, and a couple didn't hatch at all, but these two did and are doing fabulously! Life is life, and I just have to accept that maybe those other just weren't meant to be. I started a new batch and the first one should be due approximately tomorrow!

This is Petey, who I believe is actually a pullet, I'm sorta good at reading the wings. I let my cousin name her before actually checking on the gender, but oh well Petey the Patridge Silkie Pullet. I've heard worse teehee!

And this is Sammy, who I think is also a Pullet, but atleast the name works regardless! She is a Blue Easter Egger x Black Cochin

Hi! I wanted to post these when they hatched, but I didn't have time and then I kinda forgot. But i wanted to thank you guys for answering me back and helping me not to panic, we did end up losing 2, and a couple didn't hatch at all, but these two did and are doing fabulously! Life is life, and I just have to accept that maybe those other just weren't meant to be. I started a new batch and the first one should be due approximately tomorrow! This is Petey, who I believe is actually a pullet, I'm sorta good at reading the wings. I let my cousin name her before actually checking on the gender, but oh well Petey the Patridge Silkie Pullet. I've heard worse teehee! And this is Sammy, who I think is also a Pullet, but atleast the name works regardless! She is a Blue Easter Egger x Black Cochin
Glad you got 2 little hatchlings! It can be stressful but it can teach you to let go of that which you really can't control, too!

Back
Top Bottom