First time incubating

I was wondering if anyone would would happen to know if my egg is still good it's day 11 and it looks like this I can't see veins but their is a air sac

I was wondering if anyone would would happen to know if my egg is still good it's day 11 and it looks like this I can't see veins but their is a air sac
If there is no veins visible I don't think the embryo would be alive anymore. Veins are always the number one thing I look for when candling. And day 11 you would surely see them visible all over
sad.png
but if you're not 100% sure, leave it another day or two and check again.. who knows.

Success!!! My first Americuna just hatched and is being a noisy little thing :). This is so much better then buying day old chicks haha

Thanks. I bought them off a farmer about 2 hrs away from my place. I'm in Canada

I put 2 dozen am in and 1 dozen mix of polish and am. I had 5 am not even start to develop. Last time I looked I had about 6 or 7 eggs with a little chip out of them. This one is pushing them all over the place though is that going to be a problem?

Is it normal for the humidity to rise so much when they hatch? It's gone up about 11%

I put 2 dozen am in and 1 dozen mix of polish and am. I had 5 am not even start to develop. Last time I looked I had about 6 or 7 eggs with a little chip out of them. This one is pushing them all over the place though is that going to be a problem?
That's fine...nerve racking tho.
Some folks never open bator until all eggs have hatched, which is best for humidity levels.
But if hatch takes 2 or more days, they can get pretty rowdy and start pecking at hatching chicks.
I'll take some dry rowdy ones out in groups of at least 2....move fast tho, the humidity loss can really be an issue.

Is it normal for the humidity to rise so much when they hatch? It's gone up about 11%
Yep, lots of moisture from hatched chick.....good for the others pipping so membranes don't dry out.
You want humidity to be high during hatching....60-80% is good.

Back
Top Bottom