First Time Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mddm, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mddm

mddm New Egg

Apr 27, 2017
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

The Brinsea incubators sure are worth their money. I know the price is a tad higher than other cheaper brands but they save you a lot of stress and are reliable.

With the Brinsea range the more you pay the bigger the incubator and more functions it has. If you are only looking at doing smaller hatches and not very often I would certainly go with the eco range of Brinsea.

There are other brands out there though that may suit you and your needs depending how hands on you want to be. The incubator shop has a good range of cheaper models and are great on delivery, customer service and any advice you may need ~ http://www.theincubatorshop.co.uk/

3. homestead 101

homestead 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2016
    I just bought the brinsea mini eco 4 weeks ago for ducklings and so far it's amazing. Temp has stayed right at 99.5 the whole time

4. bostonsharbor

bostonsharbor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2017
    Several years ago, I originally bought a Little Giant incubator for transporting and holding juvenile queen bees. I was happy with the way it worked, but I never incubated eggs. I did a lot of research and went with a Brinsea to start my chicken egg incubation journey. 7 days in and the temperatures have been stable and consistent to a range of 99.3 to 99.5 F . Even when I lift the cover to add water, the temp is back in range within 2 minutes. I have been very impressed. I plan to use the Little Giant as a temporary brooder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by