First Time Inubating - Questions??

cluckingcanadian

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
I have 11 eggs from my own flock in the incubator (my first time). Today is day four and impatient me, I candled.

In two eggs (one brown, one white) I saw very clear veins and little budding embryos :) The two eggs I saw veins in are very easy shells to read (hard and solid). The remainder of my eggs are porous so I am having a difficult time decifering anything. Any suggestions??

My incubator is a forced air and has been maintaining 99.8 temperature and a humitity of 55%. Some threads on the board indicates my humitity may be high but considering the porous eggs and our very cold and dry winters I thought I would try a slightly higher humidity the first time around.

Any tips or suggestions for first time hatchers?? Would leaving the eggs until day 10 give enough developing time to see something in the porous eggs??

Hi!
I have my very fist batch of eggs in the bator too and had the same problem at 3 days. I left them in there and at day eight I can definetely see something in the brown/porus eggs that I didnt before so maybe give it a few more days and use a really bright light. Good luck with your hatch!
Sara

welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you got everything under control!
With the porous eggs just hold on to them and candle again at day 18.
If there is a chick growing in there it will fill the egg and candle dark, except for the air cell.
As long as the eggs aren't smelly or weeping fluids it's ok to keep them in the bator until then so you can be sure that they are developing.
Good luck!
Carolyn

I am a first timer....trying to keep my Farm innovations at 99.5.....I am noticing a dip and rise that is about 1.0-1.5 and I can't seem to nail it with 99.5 being the middle....if I was to make an error would I be better off the high end of 99.5 or the low end?

2 part question actually....I have the humidity leveled off between 40 and 50....when I raise it I'm guessing that will effect the temperature as well.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom