First time momma intro

Kerfuffle

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2019
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes I am new to chickens. One week ago today!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

6 straight run
And waiting on 2 pullets

(3) What breeds do you have?

Not sure!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Learning more everyday.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Art, nature, laughing and community

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My partner and I have a rabbit and a goat. I am a teacher.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A friend recommended the fabulous BYC! Just recently!

So grateful to be here, thank you in advance for supporting and guiding us as we learn and grow together!

Here is our playtime out of the brooder, first treat !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 9
Hi and welcome to BYC

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Oh goodie, thank you

Hi and welcome to BYC

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

They're a bit young for treats, but I know it's hard to resist :D If you're gonna give them anyhow, then please offer a bit of sand/grit. I put a tub of sand in with my chicks so that when they start to shed their down, they can dust bathe in it. Also, offer some of their regular chick feed mixed with a heaping tablespoon of plain yogurt to get their gut-bacteria up for the task of digesting 'real' food, one or two times with the yogurt should be enough to jump start their digestive tract to handle the task, the consistency can be anywhere from crumbles to soup. Treats should never be over 10% of their daily food intake, fat adult chickens tend to have severe medical issues, everything from breaking legs, inability to properly lay eggs (can be fatal), fatty liver disease, etc. Enjoy your babies!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are they under a sink??
The bathroom has heated floors so I took them in there for a little play time and brought their lamp/food etc with. And yes a sink will go there one day soon- they live in a large storage bin for now by the heater- suggestions on locations for their indoor brooder? We are in Maine.

Back
Top Bottom