First time on BYC

cluckinafarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 13, 2014
Hello, Our names are Skip & Vicki and we run the Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm and Fiber here in Greenville, New York. We have poultry and fiber animals and process our fiber for sale in our store on the farm. My wife is a spinner, knitter and weaver and works with stained glass and watercolor painting too. I am a writer and make fiber processing tools, the latest of which being the Watt Heritage Spinning Wheel. We appreciate being able to ask questions here, find answers and will help others in any way we can, or just enjoy reading about other peoples experiences.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This is the place to be when you own poultry! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

Good luck with all your projects and welcome to our flock!

We have over a hundred fifty chickens....most are Rhode Island reds with some Americana's, Buffs, Comets, Black Sex Links, Silver and gold Wyandot's and some Bantams of different breeds. We also have eight guinea fowl left from the thirty we originally started with. We have around twenty Royal Palm turkeys too. In the fiber animals we have six alpacas, a Llama, three sheep and two miniature donkeys and two Angora bunnies.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
That's quite a sizable flock you have. The Red Sex Links (Comets) and Black Sex Links are egg laying machines. The Black Sex Links are my favorite chickens (mine have been a little friendlier and laid slightly better in really cold weather than my Red Sex Links). Good luck with your flock.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

All sounds very interesting but do you have any photos of what you are talking about and you might want to think about advertising in the Buy-Sell-Trade Trend ,, really would like to see some of your work and I am sure others would also ....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom