First time outside!! So adorable !!

BarredRockGirls

Songster
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Ohio
My Pekin ducklings are 9 days old an getting Huge! And today it was almost 70 out so I thought .. Hey let's let them take a lil walk .
So we carried em out from the barn to a lil safe patch of grass - I watch watching everywhere for threats tho I swear!
They went nutz w/ chattering and carrying on. They followed me and my youngest son all in a line . It was so adorable ! They even came when called to " HERE GIRLS , HERE GIRLS!" While I clapped my hands . I couldn't believe it! ( every morning I greet them w " hi girls ! Good morning girls!" And they just busy up chattering at me )
I sat down in the grass and they came over and stayed right by me . Then they'd venture off a lil then run back to me haha it was so cute! Eventually everytime I moved they moved .
I just love them and had to share this first w everyone !!! Here's some pics!!

Cookie , Webber & Charlotte

Then after all the excitement .. My lil buddy Charlotte .. Loves to crawl up on me and sleep <3

My Pekin ducklings are 9 days old an getting Huge! And today it was almost 70 out so I thought .. Hey let's let them take a lil walk .
So we carried em out from the barn to a lil safe patch of grass - I watch watching everywhere for threats tho I swear!
They went nutz w/ chattering and carrying on. They followed me and my youngest son all in a line . It was so adorable ! They even came when called to " HERE GIRLS , HERE GIRLS!" While I clapped my hands . I couldn't believe it! ( every morning I greet them w " hi girls ! Good morning girls!" And they just busy up chattering at me )
I sat down in the grass and they came over and stayed right by me . Then they'd venture off a lil then run back to me haha it was so cute! Eventually everytime I moved they moved .

Then after all the excitement .. My lil buddy Charlotte .. Loves to crawl up on me and sleep <3
Adorable pics, thanks for sharing.

Adorable little guys! It is never boring watching the little ones grow up in their first few months Their awkwardness, their waddle, their energy for exploration...the list goes on. I especially like the kids being involved and learning the farm life from an early age. The exposure to animals like that is awesome. I will let out my woohoo here...lol

Watching, teaching,exposure and all around learning curve for the kids, I never want to see an end to that. Congrats on the new addition to the family and enjoy. Steve

love.gif

They are so cute!!! We take our 2 outside but I put them in a little fenced area so the cats can't unexpectedly get to them. I don't know how they would act if they were just allowed to run around free around us.
LOVE the pic of them following your son - so adorable!

Thank you all! My son got quite w kick outta them following him too! Haha my two sons - one was in school- help w all the farm chores and they love every min of it! They are true country bumpkins and love any and all animals ;) esp the ones they call theirs!

Back
Top Bottom