First Time Post - Splash Silkie Questions

gentzer

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 25, 2012
Hi,
This is my first time posting. I have a backyard coop and yesterday picked up a Splash Silkie name Lady Madonna! :) The owner said she thinks she is around ten months old and has not layed eggs yet but that she thought she was a late fall hatch. I am posting pictures, and wondering the following.
1. How is her Splash - she is just a pet so I dont plan to show or anything, thoughts?
2. Does she look 10 months
3. Why would she not be laying by now
4. Does this mean she will likely never lay eggs.
5. She is in fact a she right?

Sorry, I am so new at having chicks. I also have 3 baby silkies, and a cochin birchen. Not sure on the sexes of any of those.
Thanks for any and all help!

welcome-byc.gif

I don't keep Silkies and know diddly squat about them, LOL, but just wanted to comment on how cute she is!! One big puff ball of fun!

Good luck on your new chicken adventures. Someone should be along shortly to answer your questions!

She could be splash but she favors my blue babies, Silkies lay late my white girls are right at a year old and have been laying for a couple of months and sometimes they lay everyday and sometimes they lay every other day.

The previous owner gave you two ages. Ten months would put her hatch in early summer. Late fall would make her about 5 or 6 months. I under stand that silkies are difficult to sex until they either crow or lay an egg. But I don't have silkies either.

I I think this is a boy....argggg! I have two pics and think these are streamers. From the owner, she says that he/she is 7-8 months old. Ideas...reallly really need help!

I think you have a beautiful girl there..... I have 6 month old (white silkies) and the boys all have large bumpy combs on top of their beaks...
but the girl's look smoother like your picture..... I also have a 9 month old Black boy...and he has a hugh comb also...but the girls do not...

Back
Top Bottom