First time rabbit breeding

RatchetRev

Chirping
Apr 9, 2018
Upstate NY
20180427_235449.jpg

Sooo this is Zeek (dutch buck) and Rocky (mixed doe, who I was told was a male when I got her so she needs a new name haha).

After planning and researching for quite a while now I decided to breed two of my 4 pet rabbits. Now I did not go in this blindly, i already have several people who want pet rabbits if successful and i have the space and set up to keep any kits that do not sell.

Zeek is the first rabbit I ever got and I have had him for a few years. I was going to get him fixed when I lived in an appartment but my mom surprised me by forcing a cat on me so the cat got fixed first lol. Turned out good though because I always fix all of my animals so I never had an offspring from any of them and when my husband got my 2 more rabbits I fell in love with Rockys personality and color.

I did the breeding April 26th after checking them both over and taking Rockys weight down and it seemed to work, Zeek fell off after his dance and then did foot stomps all around haha.

I'll he checking to see if it took on may 10th and if it did then I'll be a bunny grandma :celebrate

So if you want to follow along I'll be posting updates and pics of her as time goes on, oh and dont mind the messy floor that was just a quick set up in the area they are in for the breeding.

Back
Top Bottom