First time turkey. How does her poop look?

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
image.jpg
That’s how she sleeps
She seems healthy but when I was holding her and had opened her mouth to check her mouth, she threw up a little water and had two air bubbles. She is running around again but I want to make sure she is healthy. She does yawn a lot but she is only like three days old. She is eating and drinking. I love her already and worry about her because she is so tiny. She like will fall asleep really fast but will wake up if you put your hand in to she will instantly wake up. Is she too hot or is something wrong with poor tweet tweet?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 2
It looks normal.
Thank god!! I have baby geese too but obviously not with her, but I literally lost three females for different reasons but the male is perfectly healthy so I had to buy a female from a breeder. I got worried about her when I saw tweety constantly opening her mouth. Is foamy clear bubbles alright too? I am not use to turkeys so I worry about what’s alright. I love turkeys so far!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 2
Thank god!! I have baby geese too but obviously not with her, but I literally lost three females for different reasons but the male is perfectly healthy so I had to buy a female from a breeder. I got worried about her when I saw tweety constantly opening her mouth. Is foamy clear bubbles alright too? I am not use to turkeys so I worry about what’s alright. I love turkeys so far!!
Foamy clear bubbles?

Make sure it has a place to escape the heat lamp in case it gets too warm. Also, feed it high protein gamebird starter for the first 2 months. Turkeys need it for proper development.

I love turkeys because they are so social. Mine follow me like dogs when they know I'm outside. If they're down in the woods, I just have to make a few "purk purk purk" calls and they all come running.

Make sure it has a place to escape the heat lamp in case it gets too warm. Also, feed it high protein gamebird starter for the first 2 months. Turkeys need it for proper development.

I love turkeys because they are so social. Mine follow me like dogs when they know I'm outside. If they're down in the woods, I just have to make a few "purk purk purk" calls and they all come running.
That is so cute. I have never had them or wanted them but the lady who had Sebastopol’s had this cute blue slade male and when he gobbled and walked away, I fell in love.

Back
Top Bottom