First time with a broody...I have a few questions, please help :)

So sorry about eggs, I have 1 egg eater, but I can't figure out which hen it is, I have 23. And I'm at work all day. And its not a good reason to buy a nanny cam.
Someone put her broody hen and nest of eggs into big plastic box and brought them into her house because it's winter. I just can't do that. The house would smell terrible.
Good luck with your broody.

I wanted to move her to the garage after putting the new eggs under her but I'm worried we're too late in the game for that. UPDATE - Just went out and candled 2 eggs (didn't want to bother her too much) and they're looking good!!!
fl.gif
I'm so excited and the anticipation just kills me. As for the egg eater, at first I thought it was our roo, but later saw goo on our araucana and noticed she was hanging out A LOT in the nesting boxes. I try to put lots of treats in the run and have the boxes stuffed full with shavings and this seems to be helping. I was down to only 1 maybe 2 eggs a day (if I got out there fast enough) but am back up to 3-4 and we only have 5 hens (one of which is broody, obviously)
P.S. I don't think the golf ball trick works well with egg eaters, at least not in our case. That was the first thing I tried and it didn't make a diff at all!!!

Back
Top Bottom