First Time With Sour Crop - Please Help

I don’t recommend vomiting her anymore. I would see a vet if her crop feels like it has straw tangled inside. Vets can do crop surgery. I hope that she gets better, but the longer a crop is blocked or not emptying, the harder it is to help.

9D32A49A-4FC4-4932-B1E2-DBD03D4B8DBD.jpeg

Good or bad?

How old is she? Has she stopped laying or does she still lay? I have seen similar droppings in hens with internal laying. Crop problems can sometimes be a secondary problem related to a reproductive infection or disorder, or something else. She may be having runny poops because of her crop problem or a reproductive problem. You could try some probiotics or a little cottage cheese or plain yogurt to help.

How old is she? Has she stopped laying or does she still lay? I have seen similar droppings in hens with internal laying. Crop problems can sometimes be a secondary problem related to a reproductive infection or disorder, or something else. She may be having runny poops because of her crop problem or a reproductive problem. You could try some probiotics or a little cottage cheese or plain yogurt to help.
I would say she's about 9 months old, she was laying regularly until last week when this all started. I have been offering her plain organic yogurt but she doesn't seem interested in it at all, I can try giving it to her in a syringe later. I also contacted a couple vets in my area to see if they can do anything to help her. I just want to get her though this, it's been incredibly hard on all of us. Her sister (the one she was raised with) is having a tough time without her in the coop. :(

After nearly two weeks of fighting, our Peppa passed away last night. We did everything we could, but she couldn't get through it. I'm devastated. I wanted to say thank you all for the advice and help, I appreciate it very much.

Back
Top Bottom