1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First timer!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tinners204, Jul 13, 2008.

1. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    Just joined. First time I have ever had chickens. My Brother In-Law has gotten me into this. He is a chicken guru. I have 10 Black Ostralorps and one Butter Cup. There are two weeks old now and I have them eating out of my hand already. We live on a acreage with 5 acres and we also have 4 birds in the house and 2 dogs outside. A German Shepherd and an American Pit Bull Terrier. I have had the dogs in the pen with the birds teaching them not to chase them so when the chickens gets older and I can let them out they hopefully will live together in peace. Any way I have bought 12 Buff Orpingtons eggs to hatch. Here I go another crazy hobby of mine. I really like this site, seems like a lot of nice people and very informative. Thanks for letting me join. Dennis in Iowa!!!

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Welcome Dennis! You are going to love it here!

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Welcome to BYC Dennis. If you ever need any help you're at the right place. Just ask.

4. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. This forum is great...I learn so much everyday!
    ~Rebecca

5. devans87

devans87 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2008
    Dallas
    Welcome to the crowd. I absolutely agree with Rebecca I learn so much from this forum. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by