First Timer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rookiechk, Mar 19, 2013.

1. rookiechk

rookiechk Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    Hello All. My name is Stephanie. Im a first time Chick owner from Texas. We just bought 4 chicks for our little ones in celebration of Easter. This was really just my excuse for getting my husband to let me bring them home. I've been wanting chickens for a long time. Im sneaky. [​IMG] I'd stumbled across this site a few years back when I was first looking into getting some chicks and I was referred to it again my a friend. It's been every informative and I look forward to learning more. I'm glad to be here. [​IMG]

2. sunset4k

sunset4k New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Hi Stephanie!! I'm a new member from Texas as well. We have 15 chicks that turned 4 week's old today. We have had so much fun watching them grow!! Our flock includeds 5 barred rocks, 5 Turkens and 5 Australorpes. We just moved the girls into their coop Saturday and they seem to love it although I have worried about the temp -too hot or cold. We do have a heat lamp at night but I turn it off around mid day. I have 2 batted rocks that will sit in my lap now!! Hope you have great success with your chickies!!!!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, rookiechk, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck to you and your chicks!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. rookiechk

rookiechk Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    Thank you all. It's good to be here. I wish I knew what breed I picked up. I was very nervous when we went to get them. The feed store was very busy and both the men working there were a bit rough. I didn't want to bother them with alot of questions. I wanted to get out of their way. Im gonna have a look at the cages the next time I go in to buy feed. All I can say is that my Chicks are yellow. I thought all chicks were yellow but apparently not. My kiddos and I are having a blast caring for them. I've been reading up on everything so I'm hoping everything will be ok. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by