First Timer

rookiechk

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Hello All. My name is Stephanie. Im a first time Chick owner from Texas. We just bought 4 chicks for our little ones in celebration of Easter. This was really just my excuse for getting my husband to let me bring them home. I've been wanting chickens for a long time. Im sneaky.
wink.png
I'd stumbled across this site a few years back when I was first looking into getting some chicks and I was referred to it again my a friend. It's been every informative and I look forward to learning more. I'm glad to be here.
smile.png

Hi Stephanie!! I'm a new member from Texas as well. We have 15 chicks that turned 4 week's old today. We have had so much fun watching them grow!! Our flock includeds 5 barred rocks, 5 Turkens and 5 Australorpes. We just moved the girls into their coop Saturday and they seem to love it although I have worried about the temp -too hot or cold. We do have a heat lamp at night but I turn it off around mid day. I have 2 batted rocks that will sit in my lap now!! Hope you have great success with your chickies!!!!

Hi Stephanie!! I'm a new member from Texas as well. We have 15 chicks that turned 4 week's old today. We have had so much fun watching them grow!! Our flock includeds 5 barred rocks, 5 Turkens and 5 Australorpes. We just moved the girls into their coop Saturday and they seem to love it although I have worried about the temp -too hot or cold. We do have a heat lamp at night but I turn it off around mid day. I have 2 batted rocks that will sit in my lap now!! Hope you have great success with your chickies!!!!

Thank you all. It's good to be here. I wish I knew what breed I picked up. I was very nervous when we went to get them. The feed store was very busy and both the men working there were a bit rough. I didn't want to bother them with alot of questions. I wanted to get out of their way. Im gonna have a look at the cages the next time I go in to buy feed. All I can say is that my Chicks are yellow. I thought all chicks were yellow but apparently not. My kiddos and I are having a blast caring for them. I've been reading up on everything so I'm hoping everything will be ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom