First timer!

No Pip But I heard a chirp!!!
big_smile.png

This is so frustrating!! Poor little thing is in there just chirping away! Then he stops and moves around. Then just stops. Then starts back up again. Im like "Knock Knock! This is your eviction notice! You have 36 hours or im coming in after you!" I got a chirp out of that lol

I did have to open to take out a bad egg. I could smell it. I did an eggopsy on it and the baby was dead. :'( That was the one that was cracked. He was perfectly fine 2 days ago. Dont know what happened. But opening him up he smelled really bad!

So other then chirping nothing to report. Humidity is steady at 65-66% and temp is 102..Its a still air incubator.. No Pip.

Back to baking cookies and cookie balls!!

This is my first season of chicken raising and hatching.I too experienced what you have but my humidity went high and after waiting an additional 3 days with no more movement or pipping I candled tothe process had stopped.I wish you happy hatching.I am collecting another batch of eggs to give it another try.I have changed my feed ratio for my birds and we are now producing better egg quality so maybe we will hatch chicks next round.

one chick hatched, he pipped at 10 pm and hatched by 3pm, not the pipped in the pic. still waiting. the hatched one is a blonde ginger.

first to hatch was not first to pip- first to pip working on egg

first hatch

this is hard to see- i kept lid closed but on top first to hatch meets first to pip

3 to pip and 1/2 shell with foot is first to pip second to hatch.

second to hatch first to pip chick wet from hatch not blood just ginger feathers on pink skin.
and the fluff to the left is first hatch.

Back
Top Bottom