First timer!

barnie.gif
This egg is killing me!! Still no pip!! Just moving lots. Im waiting for it to just bust out of its shell like they do in cartoons. lol Just want my baby here!! Anyone else ever get this anxious and excited and start becoming non patient? Ive been sitting by the incubator talking to it trying to coax it out! haha (Cant you tell im a first time chick mom?!?!)
fl.gif
bow.gif
pop.gif

The humidity dropped to 39%!! It wasnt for long. I had to open it up and add some warm water to the dish to get it back up. Found out that one of my vent flaps was open.
he.gif
Hope that didnt hurt it. Hes still moving around slowly. The temp got back up to 65% and moved around more. I thought I heard a possible chirp but not sure. My 3 y/o was watching TV so not sure. Hope thats a good sign that its in the air hole. Its driving me insane. Day 21 starts in a few hours...Ive been trying to keep busy but check in on the lil one to make sure all is well. I sit and stare at it to make sure it moves. How long should I wait before it may need help?! Ive heard some take a while to hatch up to 25 days!! I dont think I have the patience!! I have another egg in there due next week monday!
barnie.gif

just don't help .. at all. and good luck! sit on those hands....

day 19 for me, I candled mine- not posed to, but one is in air cell, full dark egg at candle, 4 look like way sloped aircell- (typical day 19) but with dents towards air cells, and one that looks like day 18. I will do nothing and add damp paper towel at first pip- I don't plan on helping. people sometimes help when the chick only poked a hole in the egg to catch a breath, but not done absorbing that yolk. when he gets bored he will come out.

barnie.gif
IM SO JEALOUS!!! I checked to make sure he was ok. Last night wasnt in the air sac, but checked a min ago and he was in the air sac!!! Had to check bc I have 2 other eggs that needed to be rotated which are due on Monday next week. I think one is dead but going to let it go a few more days. The other can barely see in the egg. Only opened the hatch for 2 secs to grab the 2 due next week. Humidity barely dropped so I think my one hatching soon is fine. Its still rolling around. I thought I heard a peep but not sure since my 3y/o is watching Doc McStuffins. And there are all sorts of birds chirping haha! Keep you all posted!

Back
Top Bottom