First timer!

Here is the video of our First ever Baby chick! She didnt zip all the way around the shell like most others. She just made a big hole and did a kung foo move to break out haha ENJOY!
0.jpg

I have a brand new silkie momma that just started laying for the last 2 weeks. She isn't sitting on them is there any advice anyone can give me.

I have been on some not yet been 21 days was just curious as to if there was a way to make her want to brood or if she will figure it out on her own eventually.

Penny thinks shes being followed....

She is SO spoiled!! She likes to run around the house. But I cant leave her too long because of what you see behind her. LOL I always stay with her and when she runs off I call her and she comes running back. She also coos at me sometimes. Its the cutest thing. I love this lil girl! <3 Now just waiting for this other chick to hatch. I tapped on the shell and got some peeps back! :D I can hear it tapping on the shell. SO hopefully we will have a pip in the morning.
celebrate.gif

I have been on some not yet been 21 days was just curious as to if there was a way to make her want to brood or if she will figure it out on her own eventually.

you can't really make her go broody, but since she's a silkie it is probably going to happen eventually :)
I noticed that 1 of my girls would go broody on almost every 21 days like clockwork, almost like a menstrual cycle? I don't know. But the broodyness is brought on by hormones. So if not after one 21 day cycle, maybe in 42, etc. hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom