First Timers in Beautiful Alaska

Jess ChickCrazy

In the Brooder
May 20, 2015
Alaska
Hey everyone! My family and I just received our chicks from My Pet Chicken one week ago. We got 1 Black Copper Marans rooster, 2 Buckeye hens, 2 Golden Lace Wyandotte hens and 2 Dominique hens. Unfortunately one of our littles, a female Buckeye-Isabel, passed away yesterday, but the remaining 6 babies seem to be doing just fine-thankfully.

I look forward to learning from y'all, especially when it comes to figuring out chickens in Alaska and the winter and such. I actually thought this would be relaxing, but am stressing so badly over the happiness of our little babies. lol Each of their little personalities are so different and it's definitely tons of fun watching them grow.

Chickens are very addictive, people can sit and watch them for hours. We call it Chicken TV, new shows everyday, no reruns, no cable or satellite bill = lots of fun

If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. The Alaskan folks can tell you all about surviving winter.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. After the unfortunate passing yesterday, we are a bit obsessed with checking on them at the moment. They probably wish I'd stop opening the door, lol.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. My family and I have visited Alaska on a number of occasions and love it there. I'm sorry about the loss of Isabel. It's always sad to lose one of our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Turkenstein25pizapw1421684361.jpg

Back
Top Bottom