First Try Incubating And I Have Babies!! Pics

Shiningfeather

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
hill country texas
My babies were due the March 17th. Well Homer (DH named him) the first impatient chick that just couldn't wait decided to make an appearance on the 15th. He made me question my counting of days several times before I finally decided I was right and he was just that early. They are all OEG from our roo and hens.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why we have 3 different colored chicks???
I was thinking that maybe its the roo/hen difference but have not been able to find pics of many OEG to make comparison.

We put 21 eggs in the bator and I candled on the 14 day and all were growing babies. We have had 13 hatch so far and another is zipping asI type this. Four more have pipped and should hatch some time tonight.

The first of my chicks.....AKA Homer

22539_100_2049.jpg

22539_100_2051.jpg

22539_100_2061.jpg

22539_100_2066.jpg

22539_100_2064.jpg

What Beautiful Chicks!
love.gif
Congrats on your first hatchlings! What type of incubator do you use?

Quote:
Thanks to everyone on here. I asked several questions and read others posts like an obsessed person.
caf.gif
I used a LG with turner but no fan. I am very lucky since my DH works from home and checked the temp and humidity all day every day.

I have 4 left in the bator that have not pipped. I am going to give them a couple of extra days, but am very happy with the rate we got. I was supprised we got, but I think is was more he since I work outside the home.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom