first year chicken guy

john jack

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
I started having chickens a year ago , it was such a reward of happines that decided to expand with welsummer, buff orpinton, black giants and australorp chicks . I plan to sale pullets hatchs my own eggs. This is going to my adventure that I hope makes people who get my new chicks n pullets happy. Its such a joy see how much my chicken and chicks appreciate me when Im just hanging around them

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you are enjoying your chicken adventures! Chickens can be very rewarding as well as good for the soul.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you are having a great time with your chicken projects. That is a really nice set of breeds you are putting together, good luck with all your birds.

I put my little four week old chicks out in thier coup. all is going well they play like a bunchs of soccer players trying to see who can get the worm or piece of grass to the goalline . They are so darn cute and intertaining. I watch them for a half hour. Tomorrow I will be starting all over again I have more little ones going to hatch and I love it. I got everything ready to go and I will be Daddy hen again LOL

I put my little four week old chicks out in thier coup. all is going well they play like a bunchs of soccer players trying to see who can get the worm or piece of grass to the goalline . They are so darn cute and intertaining. I watch them for a half hour. Tomorrow I will be starting all over again I have more little ones going to hatch and I love it. I got everything ready to go and I will be Daddy hen again LOL
So awesome! I am new to this as well. So fun to have chickens! I loved it as a kid. Now as an adult I think I appreciate it so much! and when they give me eggs I thank them each and every time! Love those little chickies!
wee.gif

Another "newbie" here. Never had any kind of fowl, before. We just bought a bunch of chicks, and two turkeys. Not certain on all of the breeds. Some are the hybrid black sex-links. A couple of Australorps, and others that I'm not sure the guy at Atwoods who sold them to us, knew their breed. Most everything seemed to be mis-marked, with the exceptions of the two I mentioned. I am here to learn, so, I'll likely be asking a bunch of questions, in the near future.
Thanks, BYC, for being a great resource.

Its been rewarding watching my five wk old chicks grow while in their new coup and run area. they are all heathy which makes things easier cause I not fighting some unknown disease. After my last hatching I have a tolal number of seventy one chicks from the ages of five days to five wks. The enjoyment continues and I recommend chikens and chicks because of their diverse personality and the rewards they give back to their owner.

Back
Top Bottom