firstxhatcher

jlsnowbird

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
I set 30 eggs 19 days ago ,I just candled 10 and all looks good this is my first time too try hatching so looking good so far, I have a hen sitting on 3 eggs i candled them and they show clear it is day 6 for them should i leave them or pitget her off the nest.ch and

It's your choice. DO you want to put other eggs under her?If you have etggs to give her, she'll try her best. Or do you want her to stop being broody? YOu need to break her broodiness. WIll she take over the chicks from the incubator? YOu can see if she will take them. She may love to have some of the little ones arriving in a few days.

My broody sat and sat even though I took all the eggs everyday. I finally gave up and put eggs under her. It's been 4 months and she is going broody again. I will not give her eggs this time . . . well now that I'm thinking about it, I might. LOL

I have thought of maybe trying her with a few of the new ones she is sassy but the candled eggs show nothing, also she is a small bantam and she lays i check her eggs for fertility they showed good in that area now here it is i dont have a roo for her only a rhode island for all will he still get her even with her being little. I'm new at this - this is my first time hatching. thanks

Back
Top Bottom