Fish for chickens?

okay. i jsut went outside and fed some and yeah there's no problem with their being any leftovers.
cool.png

i especially gave some to the runts.

they loved it.

it was leftover fat from some pork i was cooking.

cool.

usually give that to the dogs and cat first, but maybe could save a bit back for them, too.

Do you cook the fat or give it raw? I just cut a bunch off our pork chops and was going to throw it away. hate to do that if the girsl would eat it!!!!

So, fat: raw or cooked?

By the way, pickles, how is it still light enough to feed chickens where you are? It's been dark (and girls roostin) since 4:45 here. (Ugh.) I have to keep dinner scraps in a Tupperware in the fridge these days, and feed them in the morning!

i pulled some off a cooked piece and some off a raw piece. didn't notice a difference between their feelings about it. they all ate it immediately.

here it's a little after four pm. i'm in the southwest. it won't get dark here for a good while. are you in the north?

I've given my girls sardines. They absolutely devoured them. I've also given them the skin from salmon filets and that goes quickly, too. They go after any type of protein they can get.

This post is completely well timed - I picked up a bag filled with fish heads, tails and skins yesterday from a fishmarket. Will let you know if there are any problems and I've decided to serve it raw.

Back
Top Bottom