Fishing

grew up trout fishing the stream and creeks of the catskills, walleye fishing lake oneida, worked near the salmon river in pulaski NY. best day grouper fishing reminded me of the best day walleye fishing, everytime the boat rolled from a wave, it set the hook in a fish. awesome.

Around here one of the great fishing methods is juggin. I would actually do that than just about any other kind of fishing. If you want high numbers of fish, juggin mixed with trot lines.

Long story short, Take a swimming pool noodle, cut it into a 10" length. Cut a piece of PVC that will slide into the middle of the noodle at 1' long. I glue the PVC into the noodle and glue PVC caps on the end of the PVC. I put an eye hook in one of the caps before gluing it on. Tie about a 3' piece of twine onto the eye hook, put a nice sized circle hook on the other end, some reflective tape on the end oppisite the eye hook. Bait the hook and throw it in. We fish about 25 to 100 of these a night, and they only take about 5 minutes to put together once you get a system. Go swim for about an hour then go check your jugs. The fun kicks in when you chase a jug around while the fish is trying to outrun the boat motor. It isn't legal in all states so check before you start, and the jugs cost less than a dollar each when you make your own.

I love going fishing, and theres no better way then going out to your favorite catfish pond on a warm summer night, throwing a couple bucket fulls of quail guts in the pond and throwing a crayfish on a hook into the feeding frenzy.

used to fish alot,almost daily when the kids were still kids. We live on the Potomac river and there are a few ponds and creeks around too. However, nowadays i don't really do any fishing b/c the kids have grown up and moved out, and there is some sort of bacteria that attacks the fish and gives them nasty looking lesions. Also the papers,etc are warning people against eating much due to health issues..............so sad!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom