FIVE BBS Orps! Pic pg 2 ~I got ONE splash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
wee.gif

I've been trying for like six months to successfully hatch BBS Orps. I'm on my FOURTH batch of eggs, and these are the children from needmorechickens! BBS Orps, and I do believe that would make them the Grandchildren of Tuffoldhen's BBS Orps...and I am thrilled thrilled thrilled to report that ....

I HAD ONE BBS ORP HATCH OUT TODAY!!

I do believe it's a blue, no pics yet, but I do have several more eggs to go.....

That's not counting my 4 Doms that have hatched.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Note: I realize one chick doesn't make a great hatch, but when you've set BBS Orps, seen them develop, have them make it all the way to day 21 and NOT hatch, you'd be thrilled with one chick, too!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Oh I completly understand and am in the same boat with you. Not with BBS Orphs but with everything else i want to hatch...and I have been doing this for a couple of years...you think I would have it down!
th.gif

GOOD JOB AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

ya.gif

MY SECOND BBS ORP CHICK IS HATCHING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

and........

A THIRD BBS ORP IS PIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

*in sing songy voice*

I've got BBS Orps........... I've got BBS Orps............. I've got BBS Orps.............. I've got BBS Orps.............. I've got BBS Orps .............I've got BBS Orps............... I've got BBS Orps................ I've got BBS Orps

Ya'll, I'm so happy I would say I'd cry, but honestly, I AM CRYING!!!!!!!!!

Tuffoldhen :

Well, it's about time! LOL Congrats!!!!

That's what I said!!! Thanks!! I am really soo soo happy!!

So far, I think both are standards, and needmorechickens sent me both bantam and standard BBS Orps.

fl.gif
may all the others hatch, too!!​

Congrats! After much trying, I have ended up with 2 splash hens, 3 blue roosters, and 2 splash roosters. Hope you have better gender luck than me! I really wish I'd been able to hatch one black bird, and a couple more hens.

Those BBS Orps do NOT like being sent through the mail. It is truly an accomplishment to get them to hatch!!!

The second chick is out, looks like another blue!!
big_smile.png
Third egg is still pipped, and I'm am so excited, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!

fl.gif
Please let chick 3 be a splash, please be a splash...please...Oh nevermind just please let it hatch!!!!!!!! I'll take any color!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom