Five fuzzybutts hatched yesterday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenannie, Oct 18, 2008.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    They are adorable -- it's chilly today, but they are already sitting in the sunshine, preening their little fuzzybutts while mom eats. Just had to share how cute they are... of course when I went to pick one up this morning, it ran from me shrieking like I was a big giant monster...

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They sound so cute !!!!!!!

LOL, we must be HUGE in chickens eyes [​IMG]

3. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    [​IMG] Ohhh I want some. So your hen hatched these? Did you have to seperate her? How did it work? So many people seem to incubate and raise chicks. Few seem to let the hen have her own, but to tell the truth, that is the way I would prefer it.

4. Morning Dove

Morning Dove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:Yai'm a fan of mother nature doing the worjk for me as well. I hope my chickens will raise a brood in the spring.

Dove

5. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Yup, she did it all on her own. I let her set and take care of them. This is a bit late in the season though -- it gets too cold. I'm sure yours will go broody in the spring (just don't collect the eggs from the nest, and they'll go broody).

Unfortunately the bad news is that yesterday one drowned because I let them free-range. And today one was killed by being pecked at by a former chick of the henmom who is all grown up. I feel horrible. I should have put her in a separate pen and I didn't. But I will do it in the morning.

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Well, where's the pictures??? [​IMG] Congratulations on your hatch!!

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    ACK!! I opened this thread so I could get a hit of cuteness.

DEEE-NIED!!

8. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    It's the fault of my darn old computer that is soooooo old that even if I take digital pics, I have to drive to the drugstore and pay each time to have them downloaded. So I save up my pics, download them all at once and post them then. Sorry! will do it soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by