five o'clock claims

coralup

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2015
Hello! Merry Christmas!
Does anybody know what can means the yell protest, every day, at same hour? Kiki is claiming something, I suppose, but I really don't figure what she needs. She has water, grains, treats, sand... Does she needs to sleep? Is about five o'clock every day she's making a noise, seems like she's needing something. I really don't know what to do... please help! any suggestion is welcome! Thank you!
Corina

She could be trying to call for other chickens, I see you only have the one chicken, as evening approaches chickens start to come back to the coop to get ready for the roost time, she could be looking for other chickens. Just my guess.

She could be trying to call for other chickens, I see you only have the one chicken, as evening approaches chickens start to come back to the coop to get ready for the roost time, she could be looking for other chickens. Just my guess.

Could be that, because when I approach to her coop is stopping and watching me curiously, and after I leave her alone, it starts again and keep going about an hour until she's going to sleep... I suppose she see me like her chicken friend.... :)

Sounds like she's got you trained.
big_smile.png

You're talking 5 pm, when it's getting dark? Birds are just noisy when they're going to bed. Have you ever been near a group of trees where those big flocks of little wild birds roost for the night at dusk? So noisy, you'd swear they're under attack or something.

You're talking 5 pm, when it's getting dark? Birds are just noisy when they're going to bed. Have you ever been near a group of trees where those big flocks of little wild birds roost for the night at dusk? So noisy, you'd swear they're under attack or something.

Yes, it is about 5 pm when she become noisy. Usually at 6 pm is starting getting dark in Lima, Peru. I didn't knew that she's so noisy. Her behavior changed lately. She lives with me since august when she was about 6 weeks old and she changed every time she got me trained.... Actually at every sound she made I was there to see what she needs or what happens and after all I think, like Happy Chooks said, that she trained me... :)))

If she was 6 weeks old in August she's about 4-5 months old now....
......might be getting close to lay, that'll could other changes in behaviors.

This is right her age! And she had first egg on last 17 of november. She laid 3 egg then stopped. Never laid back till now and I hope will start again.

Back
Top Bottom