Five week OE babies

PittyLova

Songster
Dec 29, 2017
Northern, NH
My 2 babies who hatched are just about 5 weeks old now. They're super attached to me which of course is adorable....until they need to live outside of course! I've been bringing them outside for a bit during the day and they just want to follow me and fly up and perch on my shoulders. Maybe they're chicken parrots?

We got them as EE or OE eggs. We were originally thinking mama was a maran from the egg color. But now we're wondering if maybe they're actually from a welsummer. Same dark egg and as babies they looked really similar. Also looks like 1 roo and 1 hen whichh is perfect because we wanted a roo to spread the color genes to our ladies :) The one on the left has a slightly larger/redder comb that suddenly sprouted last week. He also has some.feathers on his legs/feet....

Don't mind the mess. My daughter and I were cleaning out their indoor pen. Just in time for the outside pen to be ready for them and the next set of chicks
20180310_002200.jpg

I wouldn't be opposed to 2 pullets but in this blurry pic you can see the comb better. It's pink vs yellow.

As long as it's not 2 roosters I'll be happy lol! These 2 are way too friendly to have to make dinner out of 1

20180310_010518.jpg

This year is the first year for raising chickens. When do you let the chickens set on their eggs. I'm a newbie at this. I also have 6 roosters along with 21 hens. I had to put 4 roosters in their own pen away from hens. 2 winged lace Roosters are twins and tag team the poor hens. Any advice will be welcomed Thank

This year is the first year for raising chickens. When do you let the chickens set on their eggs. I'm a newbie at this. I also have 6 roosters along with 21 hens. I had to put 4 roosters in their own pen away from hens. 2 winged lace Roosters are twins and tag team the poor hens. Any advice will be welcomed Thank

This is my first year, too, so I'm learning as I go. These guys I bought as eggs on eBay and put them in the incubator

Back
Top Bottom