Fixing my Mess of a Garden

All my Jan/Feb pay and my christmas/Valentine's/anniversary gifts go to my garden every year. My in-laws say it's easy to know what presents to get for me, they just snoop through my catalogs for the dogearred items.
smile.png
I wish i'd thought of fixing it before Christmas! Getting supplies for it as presents would have been a life saver! I have been selling my xbox and things about the house to pay for everything, coop and soil and feed. It's also a struggle just in the weather, the rain today hits you like razors. Hard to be out for more than five minutes!

I have now reached another problem though, I might not be staying in the same house! I got an interview at a nearby Castle for work and i think i'm going to get the job. If so, i'd move in with my Nana because she lives so close to it. So the chickens would be moving to hers too.

I can either spend up my money and fix the garden here, or wait to see if i get the job first. Problem is, I really want these chickens out in a garden a.s.a.p!

I wish i'd thought of fixing it before Christmas! Getting supplies for it as presents would have been a life saver! I have been selling my xbox and things about the house to pay for everything, coop and soil and feed. It's also a struggle just in the weather, the rain today hits you like razors. Hard to be out for more than five minutes! 

I have now reached another problem though, I might not be staying in the same house! I got an interview at a nearby Castle for work and i think i'm going to get the job. If so, i'd move in with my Nana because she lives so close to it. So the chickens would be moving to hers too. 

I can either spend up my money and fix the garden here, or wait to see if i get the job first. Problem is, I really want these chickens out in a garden a.s.a.p! 

How long would you have to wait to find out? It might be better to continue socking away money andpurchase only items that can be easily moved. You can easily put the chickens in the garden area without improving the soil. They'll just start preparing the ground for you. That way if you do move, you don't waste money and if you don't move, you'll still have the money to fix the ground

How long would you have to wait to find out? It might be better to continue socking away money andpurchase only items that can be easily moved. You can easily put the chickens in the garden area without improving the soil. They'll just start preparing the ground for you. That way if you do move, you don't waste money and if you don't move, you'll still have the money to fix the ground
This is definitely the idea i have in my mind. I am ordering a coop on Friday (i'd love to build it myself but i cant pass up the discount im getting for this one.) I might build one if I decide to increase the flock, but im sticking with 5 just now, and six when i finally get my silkie! They are interviewing a lot of people but should have made the decisions by the middle of next month. I'm not usually optimistic, but i think i might get the job. At least my Nana's garden has proper soil, not pathetic cheap soil with boulders all through it!!

Back
Top Bottom