Fixing Up The Bator....?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 77horses, Dec 18, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Hi!
    Some of you have heard about my styro-bator that I have been building lately; so far, I've got the homemade turner, with egg carton in it already(GopherBoy's idea), the light bulb,(plug-in) the mesh wire in the bottom, the counter lining stuff(to protect chicks from mesh wire), and a small bowl in the bottom. Still need to add picture frame glass for a window on the top, hum./temp. meters, case fan(PC fan) and i think that's about it right now.
    But there's one issue; the case/PC fan! Since the light has a single wire that plugs into the wall(which means no other wires or anything), we aren't sure how to hook up this case fan! [​IMG] [​IMG] It has a little white square thingy on the end of 2 green/red thin wires. My dad got the idea of connecting the small wires to a battery thing, which is a plug-in. hard to explain, but he knows how to do it.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Cut the plug off an wire it to an old power supply for a phone or something similar. It should say (output: 12V DC) or something close.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by