Flag at half staff for Whitney Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I've gotten from this thread so far

-Whitney Houston commit suicide or overdosed doing drugs - although no cause of death has been announced
-We don't care about soldier's deaths because NJ flew the flag at half staff for a singer.
-Celebrity donations don't count because they are rich therefore their generosity is diminished and probably just for PR.
-Vague attempts to turn this into a right wing/left wing argument by Royd. shocking.
-Honoring a music legend promotes domestic violence and drug addiction.

We don't even know why she is dead. The random rambling section has really become a sensationalist lynch mob. She isn't even in the ground yet, maybe we should hold our judgments until the details come out. But that's probably asking for too much.

It is called circumstancial evidence it cannot convict you in court but in the court of public opinion it can. If it smells, feels and tastes like **** it usually is. Would it be less of a judgemental death had she been hit by a truck? She was a great singer, a drug addict, humanitarian and maybe a few things we do not know about but she put her pants on one leg at a time. and she will be missed. Healthy people do not die naturally at 48.

-Whitney Houston commit suicide or overdosed doing drugs - although no cause of death has been announced
-We don't care about soldier's deaths because NJ flew the flag at half staff for a singer.
-Celebrity donations don't count because they are rich therefore their generosity is diminished and probably just for PR.
-Vague attempts to turn this into a right wing/left wing argument by Royd. shocking.

We don't even know why she is dead. The random rambling section has really become a sensationalist lynch mob. She isn't even in the ground yet, maybe we should hold our judgments until the details come out. But that's probably asking for too much.

Sure, chickened, but more people die from accidental prescription drug overdoses than all illegal drugs combined. I'm sure if they found a crack pipe or a dirty hypodermic needle they might be able to close the case. But the fact they are requesting her medical records to look to see what kinds of drugs she was prescribed? Think about it.

You need to be more of a big picture guy, chickened.

Last edited:
Sure, chickened, but more people die from accidental prescription drug overdoses than all illegal drugs combined. I'm sure if they found a crack pipe or a dirty hypodermic needle they might be able to close the case. But the fact they are requesting her medical records to look to see what kinds of drugs she was prescribed? Think about it.

Late last night, a rerun of one of those Hollywood shows announced that the prescription drug was Amoxicillin. Prescribed 2 days earlier for a sore throat. I have no idea of the veracity of that announcement; and the TV was just going in another room, so I wasn't paying close attention.

Imp

thumbsup.gif

The governor of New Jersey has ordered flag flown at half staff to honor Whitney Houston. Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? I always thought it was for purposes to honor sacrifice or people who have done good things for their community or country, not a celebrity.

No, the flag at half staff is to remember rich and famous drug addicts who overdose. :)

It is called circumstancial evidence it cannot convict you in court but in the court of public opinion it can. If it smells, feels and tastes like **** it usually is. Would it be less of a judgemental death had she been hit by a truck? She was a great singer, a drug addict, humanitarian and maybe a few things we do not know about but she put her pants on one leg at a time. and she will be missed. Healthy people do not die naturally at 48.
Actually, healthy people can die naturally at 48. In my family there is some sort unfortunate genetic high blood pressure that suddenly starts at around age 40... My great grandmother, a healthy active woman who was not fat or otherwise ill died of a massive stroke. All of my relatives on that side over age 40 are on blood pressure meds, which generally can't control it. And also, anyone can have a stroke at at any time, there isn't always a underlying illness or disorder, even kids have strokes. It happens.

Actually, healthy people can die naturally at 48. In my family there is some sort unfortunate genetic high blood pressure that suddenly starts at around age 40... My great grandmother, a healthy active woman who was not fat or otherwise ill died of a massive stroke. All of my relatives on that side over age 40 are on blood pressure meds, which generally can't control it. And also, anyone can have a stroke at at any time, there isn't always a underlying illness or disorder, even kids have strokes. It happens.
My sister, who was otherwise healthy, died at a young age of a brain aneurysm. Many people who are otherwise thought to be healthy die from natural causes that weren't detected beforehand.

Well lets see what do these people have in common; Jim Morrison, Janice Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Bon Scott, Chris Farley, Jon Belushi, Kirk Cobaine (spelling?), Micheal Jackson, well you get the picture... any reason I may think otherwise with this one? Big enough picture? It is routine in a high profile death to subpoena medical records, especially after what happened with MJ. If I am wrong then I guess I will have to eat crow.

My understanding of dying naturally is complications of old age. Aneurysm are preceded usually by high pressure or other medical issues like diet or misdiagnosis of early warning signs and other prevention methods like family history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom