Flag Up Sticky To Problems...?

Suzie

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Auvergne
Nifty and anyone else here that can help...

I see many posts that repeatedly ask for help..for the same problems...usually in the Emergencies etc forum...I am sure we are all aware of the repeated requests for help from a lot of newcomers that do not know of the "Sticky" help that is available...a lot of these people are in a state of panic and want/need immediate responses to help their ailing animals...none of us are online 24/7...

So, in essence..is there any way that a problem that an OP has can be alerted to the "Sticky Thread"...I am asking for a lot here I know...BUT..the Sticky is there for need...maybe there is a facility that can highlight a word i.e. Sour Crop...Impacted Crop and direct the user to the Sticky threads...so many have contributed to the Sticky...and it would be in my humble opinion a fitting thank you to those who dedicate their time to helping...

As an additional thought...maybe give a counter...i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc for the users of the created Sticky...gives confidence to those who read and act upon the knowledge of experienced people...

Sorry if this sounds rambling....but any input from you all would be beneficial to those in urgent need...

Thanks

Suzie

Hi Suzie! I've spent ALOT of time and posting on here and read ALOT. The learning center has been great. I go to the unanswered posts section often and try to answer questions or research and give people links on here but I DON"T KNOW WHERE the sticky's are??? I've heard them mentioned but I don't even know WHAT they are!
hu.gif
LOL I would love to know where and what they are and I would be happy to offer this to people when they come for help.

That being said...there's a CROP LOAD of information on here and when you feel like you have an emergency sometimes you just want to TALK to another person and post back and forth. Sometimes when you are freaked out weeding through posts and articles is not what you want to do. Just my feelings on that.

Hi Suzie! I've spent ALOT of time and posting on here and read ALOT. The learning center has been great. I go to the unanswered posts section often and try to answer questions or research and give people links on here but I DON"T KNOW WHERE the sticky's are??? I've heard them mentioned but I don't even know WHAT they are!
hu.gif
LOL I would love to know where and what they are and I would be happy to offer this to people when they come for help.

That being said...there's a CROP LOAD of information on here and when you feel like you have an emergency sometimes you just want to TALK to another person and post back and forth. Sometimes when you are freaked out weeding through posts and articles is not what you want to do. Just my feelings on that.
If you go into the header page of say Emergencies etc...scroll up to the top of the page and there it is...Sticky...unfortunately most people bypass this as it is not highlighted...maybe it needs to be highlighted in red or have some flashing signal as we go into the forums...it is also on many of the other forums..i.e. ducks, geese, etc..

Seems a shame when people spend so much time giving great advice on problems that is bypassed because it is not apparent enough to be noticed...hopefully Nifty or somebody else can help to highlight the Sticky advice..

Great discussion! We're always looking for ways to make helpful information easy to find and understand!

Of course, sometimes people either just want to talk about their specific scenario or have a hard time (or don't spend the time) finding information on their own.

Keep the discussion going so we can find even more / better ways to get help to the people that need it!

I like Suzie's idea of somehow making the stickys stand out more. It took me quite a while to notice they were there and they have some really good information in them.

How does information become a "sticky" anyway?

Yes, bolder, flashing...something. I guess when I first started coming here I went straight to "forums", "new posts". It was all overwhelming at first because there seemed to be so much to navigate through. I always direct new members to the Learning Center first. I think those of us that spend time meeting and greeting should say something about stickies?
Like @Michael OShay always mentions the learning center so maybe someone else could talk about stickys? That first "Hello and welcome" should include instant direction so the person knows where to go for help rather than instantly posting a question.

I often mention to people who are looking for specific information..the "Sticky" especially at the top of the "Emergencies etc forum"...there is so much useful information that can aid in diagnosing and treating problems with their chickens...and other animals...

Stickys??

I have never even noticed them
hide.gif
. And can obviously understand how newbies also don't notice, especially when faced with an emergency.

The first real emergency I experienced was overwhelmingly emotional. A search for possible solutions did lead me to a likely diagnosis, but my post under emergencies gave me much needed "hand holding" and heartwarming support to get through the ordeal.

Bolder color and larger type may be the answer.

I will switch back and forth from mobile version and desktop, a lot of easy to find information on desktop is not available in mobile, I use mobile more because it loads quicker and moves quicker, so if someone is in the mobile format a lot is missed, but if you switch to desktop there's more available but it can seem confusing, so I'm sure newer people can't find things, especially quickly.

Back
Top Bottom