Flarry eye grey

Oh okay, so it may not be a flarry eye grey at all?
Second chick in latter images and lower right in first image with all three. It does have the grizzled down look of a gray, just not as strongly so. That may maybe your gender marker, I have not played with silver on e+ background that much. If a gender marker, the females have only one copy of the Z-chromosome where the silver allele resides. If it is a male, then it could be heterozygous for silver where one Z-chromosome carries the silver allele and the other does not. Birds that are heterozygous for silver allele with be golden duckwing why those that are homozygous will be silver duckwing. Females will have only one copy of silver or none.

I am pretty sure I have seen birds marketed as Flary Eyed Grays appearing as black-breasted red or wheaton even though the Gray part of name implies they carry the silver alllele. Either way I think they are pure enough for your interest.

I would be getting those second pens lined up now. Sometimes you can have the males go into battle mode at a rather young age. I suppress that by having a match larger male or even mature cock very close to suppress the battle inclinations that strike early. As a general rule mine must be penned by 24 weeks and most penned by 20 weeks. If they go into battle mode at 5 or 12 weeks which are windows I see it most, most of the time I can bring them back together. When I keep chicks in smaller groups like you are doing, the battle royals are less frequent when compared to larger groups. Make certain they have lots of space for good bone and muscle development.

Okay I was really hoping for them to be colored correctly, but I guess I will just have to see if I can breed that out of them. I will wait and see if there are any boys because my parent doesn’t want any mor pens if we don’t need it, so I will wait to see their genders.
Also what is their comb type? It’s so hard to tell with most games because of dubbing. They almost look like they have straight combs but it might just be the young age.

Also what is their comb type? It’s so hard to tell with most games because of dubbing. They almost look like they have straight combs but it might just be the young age.

I only see single combs in your pictures. I think that's what you mean by "straight combs."

I'm quite sure they do not have rose combs, walnut combs, or V combs. I don't think they have pea combs either, but I'm not as positive about that.

Chicks are already showing their toppy in the down on the head. Mine do not always show it until feathers start coming in. There are additional loci that impact the toppy. I appear to have two variant impacting how the feathers are distributed. Later I will post images of mine that is about a week older than yours. It is only one mixed in with some black-breasted games and dominiques.

Back
Top Bottom