Flarry eye grey

Pics

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I might get 3 Flarry eye grey chicks soon, does anybody have experience with them? I just LOVE gamefowl they are my favorite. I have only dealt with the roosters because I tamed them down for my neighbor. They are the prettiest chicken breed in my opinion. If you have them or anything like them then share pictures too!

Just got the chicks!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here’s an update, they are so smart and sweet!
The first is Falcon. She’s super small, about the size of a bantam. She’s like half the size of the other 2.
The second is Raptor, also a girl. She’s very pretty and has more top feathers than the other 2.
The last is Attack, the male. I added 2 pictures so you can see his rustic colored wings.
8A457E25-3F12-4609-B6CB-FC81B80F6887.jpeg
A7B74B0B-9D0B-4E43-B470-FF91BDD1AA35.jpeg
5E45A0C7-4A98-464D-97E5-7853247F80CA.jpeg
2F5DF203-8279-438C-8C14-B590D5FBC636.jpeg

They are doing amazing!! Is there a way to tell gender by the color of the feathers coming in? I at least want one boy.
This one has very light colored feathers, this one is really curious and funny. It loves to fly, it’s definitely my favorite.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The other two have darker feathers.
image.jpg
image.jpg

In grays, whether silver or gold duckwing, I do not expect to see any feather differences between sexes until they are pushing 4 weeks old. Then look for feathers on back that lack pattern and appear darker on males. Females will have a much more even pattern on back and body as a whole. Then be looking for smokey grey feathers coming in on breast. Generally before feathers become evident, males pull ahead in terms of comb development. It takes a group to see that pattern play out early so you know what to look for. There will be inaccuracy with using comb so early.

A gold duckwing stag I have could not be sexed based on feathering until he was pushing 8 weeks old as color development is big timed delayed in some. He will look a lot like yours except gold duckwing rather than silver duckwing yours are likely to be, and he will have blue legs while I bet yours will have willow legs.

When you have a small number of chicks, odd decent all will be one sex or another by chance alone. I have had two broods of seven where each had only one male just within the last two months.

Back
Top Bottom