Flarry eye grey

No evidence for male yet. They are silver allele (makes for gray) over e^+ (wild-type duckwing) so onset of male coloration may NOT be evident for another 4 weeks. Those I have develop male color starting around 8 weeks. Most of the time you see male coloration leaking through by 4 weeks. Earlier when they are e^wheaton.

Last edited:
20200926_180459.jpg

No evidence for male yet. They are silver allele (makes for gray) over e^+ (wild-type duckwing) so onset of male coloration may be evident for another 4 weeks. Those I have develop male color starting around 8 weeks. Most of the time you see male coloration leaking through by 4 weeks. Earlier when they are e^wheaton.
Okay thanks

Jumping in, I don't really agree with the image explaining posting. My pheonixes fit the chick looks, and I've had both tells say female and grow into males

I notice there are some nice photos in this thread, and we don't yet know the gender of the chicks--so it looks like a nice test case! (If it's right for these chicks, that's interesting but not enough data to prove anything. But if it's wrong, then it's proven to sometimes fail.)

From what I've read, I think it works for some lines of chickens and not for others--that would explain how some people say it works reliably, and others say it does not.

I notice there are some nice photos in this thread, and we don't yet know the gender of the chicks--so it looks like a nice test case! (If it's right for these chicks, that's interesting but not enough data to prove anything. But if it's wrong, then it's proven to sometimes fail.)

From what I've read, I think it works for some lines of chickens and not for others--that would explain how some people say it works reliably, and others say it does not.
Line of chickens is important. In my games it does not work. That said, 3 chicks is not enough to test. I like to see fifty or more before I would be confident. Article referenced said nearly 100%, a lot of birds need to be followed to come up with a similar estimate.

Back
Top Bottom