flat worm or tape worm in egg?

Are you sure it isnt a soft eggshell?  Please post a photo.
I know its a worm when i see one. Lol! Its definatly not an egg shell. And no i dont have a picture and its too grows to just go take one.
1f616.png

I know its a worm when i see one. Lol! Its definatly not an egg shell. And no i dont have a picture and its too grows to just go take one.
1f616.png
so chickens cant get them after picking up the un digested food out of the sheep poo? They have been roaming around the sheep lately. Just curious because it was mentioned that the stuff to use is the sheep dewormer.

Quote:
Tapeworms are flat and segmented as in the photo you provided. Chickens get tapeworms from eating infected insects, much like a dog or cat eating an infected flea. Chickens cannot get sheep tapeworms, they are host specific.
Purchase Zimectrin Gold equine paste wormer at your feed store. Give your tapeworm infected hen a regular "pea" sized amount of the paste orally to eat. You can put it on a small piece of bread and give it to her to eat if you wish. Then repeat this procedure again in 10 days.

Last edited:
So, the package says its for horses only. It wont kill my hen?
And if she has the worms, should i treat all my chickens in case they all have them? I havent seen them but it doesnt mean they dont... :(

curious...you guys are talking about worming chickwns. Doesn't putting Diotomatious Earth (sp) in their food regularly alleviate this problem?

No one has answered, but, I will.....

DE does not worm chickens. I know people on here claim they use DE to worm lots of different animals. But, until I see a study that proves differently, I would not jeopardize my hen's health or waste my money.

Back
Top Bottom