Flatworms

Hmgmed

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2020
Our girls have flatworms. We have them on Safe Guard (fenbendazole) and won't be eating their eggs (sadly) but hate to waste them. Any ideas of what we can do to make use of them? Can they be cooked and fed to the ladies since they're already on the medication?

Some questions.
How many eggs are were concerned about here.? 10,, 100,,1,000 ?
If the number is low, then just toss them.
If you do feed then back to your chickens, the withdraw period stretches then beyond the normal, period of (from last day of treatment) (if you keep giving them their eggs)
Hard to say how long the withdraw period should be then. You would be feeding them somewhat potentially contaminated eggs with fenbendazole.
I don't have a definite answer, and would prefer to error on the safe side myself. I would toss all the eggs as per the recommended withdraw period.
If you really do want to feed them back to your chickens, choose those not laying eggs,, or roosters.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Some questions.
How many eggs are were concerned about here.? 10,, 100,,1,000 ?
If the number is low, then just toss them.
If you do feed then back to your chickens, the withdraw period stretches then beyond the normal, period of (from last day of treatment) (if you keep giving them their eggs)
Hard to say how long the withdraw period should be then. You would be feeding them somewhat potentially contaminated eggs with fenbendazole.
I don't have a definite answer, and would prefer to error on the safe side myself. I would toss all the eggs as per the recommended withdraw period.
If you really do want to feed them back to your chickens, choose those not laying eggs,, or roosters.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom