Flea market special...but what are they? (updated w/adult pics post 6)

Fredster

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Alabama
I lucked into nine chicks today at the flea market, bought from a man who'd bought a big box from someone else. He wanted all of one of the particular kinds in the box, but was willing to sell the nine that weren't that kind. He said they were "big chickens." I'm not sure if he meant "non-banty" or "meat-sized."

He had no idea what they are, so I thought I'd turn to the experts here.
smile.png
Of the nine, six appear to be one kind and three the other. Pics are below, and I'd be most appreciative if anyone recognizes a breed.

The brownish ones in the last two pics look like our Rhode Island reds, only they have yellowish heads.

Whatever kind they all are, they sure are pretty.

Thanks in advance!

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh! So much color! I love em'! How cute! I would guess they are nice mixed breed chicks! Sorry i can't really help on what they could be mixed with.

Alrighty, my flea market specials are all grown up now. The ones I thought might be Rhode Island Reds grew up to look like Rhode Island Reds.

The other ones, though...I dunno. They turned out to all be roosters, and gorgeous (tasty, too!). I still have several of them, and would love to know what they are if anyone has a better idea based on seeing them as adults.

Here's what they look like now:

84007871.jpg

Back
Top Bottom