Fleas - Is it possible to get rid of them without exterminator/bombing

28 chix pix - I am about ready to move to Alaska! The lack of fleas alone would make it worth it. And I hear it is beautiful up there!

Quote:
Upon first reading this I thought you might have an obsessive-compulsive issue, but then I saw that you're in LA.
lol.png
tongue.png

I'm giving up and calling an exterminator. I thought I had them on the run. Several good days of no new bites, now BOTH my kids wake up this morning with new flea bites and DH says he saw a flea in the basement where I had not seen them before.

I would be a lot more relaxed about this if it wasn't for the fact that my 2 year old looks like she has leprosy... She is COVERED in bites and if I look away for a minute, she scratches them bloody and ends up covered in blood.

It is too late to hope they won't scar. I just hope the scars fade as she gets older...

I used a permethryn mix and sprayed everywhere. I had to do it at least twice, maybe a third time and now no more fleas in the house.
big_smile.png

For the kiddos, try using OFF (family version) to repell the fleas. It works, I promise. Eucalyptus works too, but tends to wear off quicker than the OFF.

Back
Top Bottom