Flew away

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherduckling

Chirping
Sep 1, 2020
I'm so upset. my mallard rescue has flown away.

We live on a marina so when i hatched an abandoned egg in my friends incubator I was happy to take it home to the boat as thought it was the perfect environment. But he was 10 weeks old yesterday and has been getting more and more adventurous outside on top deck. he has been in the river once last week but came straight back to me and waited to be picked up to take him back on the boat , he can now fly and when we took him out tonight he flew off. i'm very upset as I have now lost him. but also really worried about him will he survive? he normally has a fluffy blanket and bed to curl up in at night. he has never socialized with the other ducks yet just looked at them from the front of the boat. i cant stop crying its really emotional. i'm so hoping he will be ok. will he find his way home? I have to work all day tomorrow so sad I cannot stay around to see if he tries to come back. any reassurance will be grateful. Or DO i need to just come to terms with the fact he might not make it? so sad i miss him so much already i usually have my socks nibbled when i'm on my laptop but not tonight :(

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act prohibits the taking, killing, capturing, transporting, harboring of the birds or hatching eggs, that which are Native to the United States of America, Europe and central Asia. All are protected by state and federal agencies. All threads started on this subject will be closed.

Please see this thread...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/migratory-bird-treaty-act.1369922/

Thank you for your understanding,
-BYC Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom