Flie flies flies!

Quote:
The ones here in north Alabama didn't have it when we asked... or the employees didn't know what it was.
wink.png

We use DE in the coop with the pine shavings and in the run with sand. We also hang several of the vanilla air freshener trees inside the run. We had a fly population explosion this spring before I hung new vanilla trees. They seem to do the trick in the run. Now, the yard and patio are a different story! Our chickens seem to not be quick enough to catch the flies but we have had a fly catcher bird move into our neighborhood this year. He LOVES our yard! Can't imagine why!
big_smile.png

I get DE at my local Blue Seal Feed, if you have one of those near you. Incidentally however, I don't have any fly problems. Maybe it's because my ratio of chickens is small compared to their very large run, I'm not sure.

Seems like the flies are worse if stuff gets wet . If you can keep it dry, you are ahead of the game. Unfortunately we have had more than our share of rain this year.

Quote:
Just a note: For those fly tapes or for glue traps that catch other things...cooking oil releases whatever is caught in them. Just plain vegetable oil or whatever you have that you cook with. You just have to douse it and gently pull as the oil covers the sticky part.

Back
Top Bottom