Flies and Fly Traps

Trux

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 26, 2018
SoSoCal
I know this subject will eventually pop up this summer with the heat and poo and wet runs etc. People ask what works for taking out the flies. Well I think it is safe to say you won't ever get rid of them all, at least till a hard freeze comes this fall. But until then help controlling them I'm sure is welcome. So with that in mind I started this thread with the thought that those who wish to post what works for them, can do so, and those looking for advice on what to do can read through and decide what may or may not work for them.
I live in a neighbor hood on a 1/4 acre lot in SoCal where the weather in the summer is dry, but humidity levels rise and fall. This all depends on upper winds, it can be anywhere from 20% and as high as 80% like it was last night. I live between the Pacific ocean and a lake :)
My next door neighbor is approximately 30 ft from the end of my run, so trying to keep the stink and the flies down is a priority. Thanks and kudos go out to @aart for helping me with the stink part last year...wood chips do work wonders even in this dry climate.
Now as for flies I do three things, I spray permetherin when they start getting bad, 2, I use a fly paper I get at TSC called CatchMaster Giant Fly Trap Roll, and 3, I use Rescue fly traps. If you wonder what they look like and if they work here is a pic of one I just replaced with a new one
You can see how full that bag is, there are flies from the green line across the bag to where you see them in the clear part of the bag. This was up about 5-6 days
So there's how I do it, lets here from you and your way of controlling flies.

Oh this is su h a great topic

I use the sticky ones in the corners so my 6 foot 2 inch frame dont get a mouthful of dead ones

I se the bag also and it's awesome

I have a few homemade traps also. In my shed I have 32 venus fly traps also...lol. it helps with control but also my morbid curiosity of watching g a plant eat an insect in fulfilled

Oh this is su h a great topic

I use the sticky ones in the corners so my 6 foot 2 inch frame dont get a mouthful of dead ones

I se the bag also and it's awesome

I have a few homemade traps also. In my shed I have 32 venus fly traps also...lol. it helps with control but also my morbid curiosity of watching g a plant eat an insect in fulfilled
You related to the Addams Family?? lol:gig

Back
Top Bottom