Flies, Flies, Flies!

ILoveDaffy

Crowing
Aug 16, 2020
Midwest
I need help. These flies are out of hand. I need to be rid of them ASAP! If not for the flies, my parents would like them more. My coop is a chicken tractor, so we don't put shavings or straw in it, the coop is fairly clean except for the ground. I need to be rid of these. ANYTHING you have done that has been VERY effective, FAST, will be helpful. Love, Daffy.

I'm not sure about a chicken tractor but a couple of years ago I was plagued with mites in a couple of my coops and there was also a mega fly population. I sprayed my coops with permethrin for the mites and it also eliminated the flies. What a pleasure to walk into the coops and not get bombarded with flies. I don't know if this will help.

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 13
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Martin'sPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    Martin'sPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
Get the Rescue fly trap bags and try the Predator fly from Spaulding. I am on here trying to see what others said about them. But I was just talking to someone (at the ford dealership lol) about what she uses for her Horses and chickens and she said Pred Fly is AWESOME !
I just called for the Predator flies but from the company that starts with an A, You can try it for free. If it works I will be thrilled.
My fly issue started because the construction company had a dumpster that people tossed their house trash in... for 3 months :mad:

Oh and Move the Fly traps in the far corner of your property so the flies stay over there and not in the coop. I forgot about that but at least I filled up the trap in 1.5 weeks ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! I have tried those traps, and they work, but are not enough on their own. Will look into Pred Fly, but if we don't find something within a week, we might have to give them away. We just can't have the flies.

Spalding's fly predators are a big help, also fly traps far from places where you don't want to see the flies.
How often do you move your chicken tractor? The ground should look fine when it's moved, not yucky. It's harder to manage flies when conditions are very wet too.
Maybe a bit of bedding would help?
Spraying any insecticide over your whole yard will kill everything, not only flies, so not first choice, for sure.
If necessary, park the chicken tractor on a solid surface, spray, and add bedding.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom