Flies no more!! Found the perfect fly repellent.

Where are y'all buying the air fresheners? Do you have to go to an auto parts store or Wal-Mart or the dollar store?

Many restaurants in central Texas hang baggies of water. I never knew why, but I heard it worked to keep flies away. My porch becomes fly central when it rains. Gag. I'll have to try some of these. I'm going to try the air fresheners first.

So...it's day 2 on my porch (I think, maybe day 3, I tend to lose track, probably from working nights) NO REAPPLICATION of the vanilla fields perfume, flies still VERY minimal...odor VERY faint to me (but I am not a fly)....I do believe it is working! Just throwing my findings out there for ya'll....

Quote:
Yes it is used for human mosquito repellent. Look on the first page and there is a link to an article about it. They mention to be sure the vanilla extract doesn't have any corn syrup or sugar in it. I checked at the grocery store and most of the brands did have corn syrup in them.

When my son was a baby (he's 18 now). We were at a county fair/rodeo. The bugs & mosquitos were really biting and swarming around him as he selpt in his stroller. I had no bug spray and wasn't sure I wanted to use something that could be considered dangerous on him anyway - did I? I walked through the exhibits and found a Watkins dealer, as in spices. I asked if she had anything to keep mosquitos off my baby. She sold me a roll on applicator of vanilla - esp. made to repell bug & mosquitos. It worked and I felt good about using it on my infant son's skin.

Quote:
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Get those stinky car ones in the shape of trees. (At least they stink to me) I replace them about every 2 weeks.

ok ya'll...we got 9 fresheners on Monday the 5th...we put 1 in our 4foot by 8 foot coop
I put 2 by my backdoor/recycle area and 4 in the 12 foot by 16 foot run...I may the remaining 2
put them out in the pm and the flies were AWFUL..next morning the flies by the recycle area and the back door were diminished
although the flies out in the run were still bad in the morning..
Today the flies in the run seem a little better...I will report back tomorrow morning...I feel like I will have a better idea of its effectiveness by then...

I am hopeful that this will help!
THANKS for the info!

Back
Top Bottom