Flies what to do

Here it’s fresh poop that attracts the fly’s , I wouldn’t spray that’s only a temporary fix since there are a million more flys.....

I know this sounds strange but there are smells fly’s don’t like , I’ve heard lemon and vanilla ( car smelly things), I used fresh mint I cut pieces and stuck them in my window screens ... literally I did not have a single fly in the coop til the mint dried up :)

And now we have cold and even some snow yeah!! No more bugs , I hate bugs!!

Here it’s fresh poop that attracts the fly’s , I wouldn’t spray that’s only a temporary fix since there are a million more flys.....

I know this sounds strange but there are smells fly’s don’t like , I’ve heard lemon and vanilla ( car smelly things), I used fresh mint I cut pieces and stuck them in my window screens ... literally I did not have a single fly in the coop til the mint dried up :)

And now we have cold and even some snow yeah!! No more bugs , I hate bugs!!

I do hang them but my main coop is a geodesic dome 17 square foot in diameter
so very tall the Son goes out hangs it really high he is not short like me :old
so I do not smell them when half full he removes them hangs a new one :yesss:

I'm having No See Um issues in northeast Florida. No See Ums go by all sorts of names, but are extremely tiny flies that bite and like open sources of water. They're little devils. My No See Ums were all over the inside and outside of my coop. There seem to be thousands of them.
Last night I put a Black Flag Bug Zapper in the coop.
I also smashed a bunch with a t-shirt.
This morning, most all were gone. The Black Flag Bug Zapper is working nicely. I was able to shake lots of dead No See Ums out of it this morning. The bug zapper will kill more than just No See Ums.
I also just installed a small fan in the overhead of my coop to blow these little devils out.

Another thing to consider. When I was a child, I sprayed bug spray on some ants that were crawling on a few pieces of corn. My chicken ate the corn and passed away in an extremely traumatic manner (to an 8 year old). I'll never again use pesticides in my yard as long as I have animals running around.

Back
Top Bottom