FLIES

I use permethrin. There is no egg withdrawal period and it eliminates the flies, lice, mites. It's a pleasure to go into a coop and not get attacked by the flies. Good luck...

I use permethrin. There is no egg withdrawal period and it eliminates the flies, lice, mites. It's a pleasure to go into a coop and not get attacked by the flies. Good luck...
How do you use permethrin? I have a shaker can of permethrin powder and put some around the windows but the flies don't touch it.

I have tried a lot of things. I was originally spraying for mites but discovered the permethrin also eliminated the flies in my coops. I use the concentrate because I have several coops and when I spray, I spray all of the coops. It's such a pleasure to go into the coops without being bombarded with flies. I have poop pits under my roosts that I clean out. I spray in the poop pits too. I spray inside of the coops, every crack and crevice, on and under the roosts, ceiling, walls, floors, poop pits, everywhere. The bonus is there is no egg withdrawal period. Good luck...
PermethrinSpraya.jpg
IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_20160216_121353.jpg

FYI those liquid fly traps in bags smell like death farts. DO NOT get any of that liquid on you. It will attract any and all flies from the entire area and for a hot minute may make you think your infestation is worse. This was mine and my mom's (2 separate homes/coops) experience with them.
Couldn't have said that better myself! I had been hanging them in the coop.... I'll try hanging them AWAY from the coop this time 😉 i couldn't bear the odor!!! At first i cleaned and re-cleaned my coop twice thinking it was a dead mouse lol

Back
Top Bottom