Flight Risk

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
My turkey poults are in jail for parole violation.

They started flying at the age of 5 days. So I put a top on the brooder. The top is soft netting, so they hit it and bounce off.

Well, I walked out there yesterday to find one of the turkeys sitting on top of the netting. I walked back into the house, told my son we had to do something about the brooder, and by the time he got out there, one turkey had returned to the top and the other was hanging upside down by one leg, caught in the netting.

So, privileges were revoked and they are both in a large dog crate, where they are peeping like their little hearts are broken. If they fly in there, they are going to whack their little heads on the hard ceiling. Hard time for incorrigible criminals.

Gee Warden, you're a tough cookie, putting them in Alcatraz!
wink.png

My turkey poults are in jail for parole violation.

They started flying at the age of 5 days. So I put a top on the brooder. The top is soft netting, so they hit it and bounce off.

Well, I walked out there yesterday to find one of the turkeys sitting on top of the netting. I walked back into the house, told my son we had to do something about the brooder, and by the time he got out there, one turkey had returned to the top and the other was hanging upside down by one leg, caught in the netting.

So, privileges were revoked and they are both in a large dog crate, where they are peeping like their little hearts are broken. If they fly in there, they are going to whack their little heads on the hard ceiling. Hard time for incorrigible criminals.

That is so funny
lau.gif
and at 5 days old a little early for clipping wings LOL.

Back
Top Bottom