Flighty Quail

emptynester

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Beaufort, SC
We recently got a few Georgia Giants ( 4 males, 8 females) and boy they are flighty! Not that it is a bad thing necessarily, just surprising. At the same time we aquired a pair of vally quail. They are not nearly so flighty. Are there some quail species that are naturally less flighty than others? Don't remember reading anything about that in the stickies.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep!! You would think they would eventually realize that your their water boy but nope. Hey, Randall your signature has got me saying Big ol honkin Bob Whites every time I walk in my Bob White House. Laugh!! I might have to add this to mine as well with your approval of course.

Quote:
Yep!! You would think they would eventually realize that your their water boy but nope. Hey, Randall your signature has got me saying Big ol honkin Bob Whites every time I walk in my Bob White House. Laugh!! I might have to add this to mine as well with your approval of course.

Be my guest, my friend!!

Quote:

Be my guest, my friend!!

Thanks, Randall I just crack up everytime I look at those big ol Honkin Bob Whites. They are honkin LOL. I'm not Randall my name is Randy.

Quote:
Be my guest, my friend!!

Thanks, Randall I just crack up everytime I look at those big ol Honkin Bob Whites. They are honkin LOL. I'm not Randall my name is Randy.

Good deal, Randy......help yourself.

Got 7 Butlers now!
sad.png
Lost one day...

They are just over a month old. For two days they have been fine under 17 hours of white light. It was easier to have them in the quail room with the coturnix. I know that they stressed out today while I was installing a new water line for the two week old coturnix chicks. In only a few hours after I finished that job and then came back to do the evening cleanup and collect eggs one was dead with half of it's feathers pulled.
barnie.gif

They are in a double session in a GQF cloned cage. Put a towel over the top, back and front to cut the light. Hope for the best the auto-waterers and front load feeders make the work to serve the birds so much easier.

Any thoughts?

Quote:
them GQF cages are best with pairs or trios and you really have to watch the hens on some trios they want the fella all to themselves and will beat the other hen up trying to keep her from breeding with the fella

Back
Top Bottom