Flirting ducks...and a much confused gander

Tivona

Songster
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Oregon
So I have one drake who is not doing any mating currently. I also have 5 young Golden 300's that are flirting outrageously and suggesting all sorts of naughtiness with my goose gander. I am somewhat concerned seeing as he was also showing some interest, and I'm not sure everyone would emerge unscathed from the experience. Any suggestions? I can't easily separate them during the day, I keep the geese and the ducks in separate pens at night. There are no waterfowl sexual therapists available in my area... OK, but seriously now, I don't know what to do? Any helpful suggestions? Will they get over this infatuation?

So I have one drake who is not doing any mating currently. I also have 5 young Golden 300's that are flirting outrageously and suggesting all sorts of naughtiness with my goose gander. I am somewhat concerned seeing as he was also showing some interest, and I'm not sure everyone would emerge unscathed from the experience. Any suggestions? I can't easily separate them during the day, I keep the geese and the ducks in separate pens at night. There are no waterfowl sexual therapists available in my area... OK, but seriously now, I don't know what to do? Any helpful suggestions? Will they get over this infatuation?

I have 1 gander, he has always mated with my Muscovies with no problems from the girls at all.

or complaints either.

Last edited:
lol i have seen roosters mate with ducks with drakes, with hen with a dog lol
also ganders can mate with anythign on legs sometimes they will be fine lol

Back
Top Bottom