Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Pics
On my first hatch, we broke open (KILLED) three eggs that we had candled and thought were duds. I had never heard of this test before I read this post. Thank you SO much!
smile.png

I have assisted many quail late hatches without issues. I use the blunt end of a needle to poke through the shell and the majority of the chicks come out just fine.

I just did a float test on one of my eggs that are moving inside of an incubator and I tried the flow test I put the egg in the water in the water settled so the egg moved but yet is sunk to the bottom at the same time what does that mean

That means the egg has not lost enough weight to successfully hatch. If it is due to hatch right now, then your humidity was too high.
I just did a float test on one of my eggs that are moving inside of an incubator and I tried the flow test I put the egg in the water in the water settled so the egg moved but yet is sunk to the bottom at the same time what does that mean

I had 2 healthy chicks hatch on day 22. Today (day 24), there are 7 remaining. I tried a float test. The majority look like this, although I noticed no movement.

1 egg this morning had an external pip, but 10 hours later I see no progress. At what point should I intervene? I don't see any movement.

New to hatching (second time), so I'd really appreciate some input from someone more experienced.

Attachments

• 20170809_185357.jpg
    20170809_185357.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom